You can start your own chip mixing business for less than $ 400.00. I have been selling dip mixes for years and have made very good money with very little work. These are sauce mixes made from various herbs and spices that are mixed with sour cream and mayonnaise. They are great with fries, pretzels, pork rinds, fresh veggies, and sandwiches. With these same mixes you can make sauces, cheese balls, spreads, salad dressings and they go very well with baked potatoes.
You can also easily add dessert mixes to your product list. These are dry mixes that are mixed with cream cheese and whipped topping (like Cool Whip). They make a wonderful no-bake cheesecake, fruit sauce, bagel spread, cream pie, parfait, or mousse. Both dip mixes and dessert mixes come in a small zip-top bag. They last up to a year in your cabinet at room temperature.
All you have to do is buy the mixes from a dip mix company and stick your own labels on the bags. Presto! Now he has a dip mixing company. You can sell your wares at flea markets, festivals, farmers markets, craft shows, fairs, and any other type of special event. All he does is prepare samples of each flavor and provide inexpensive pretzel sticks for customers to sample the sauces. One tasted and sold.
Try buying your mixes from a company that teaches you the business. Find one that has a start-up and operations manual for you to use. This is the sign of a truly professional company and truly committed to your success. A manual will show you all the tricks of the trade to learn the best ways to run your business while you are still learning. Don’t buy the mixes from a company and then go out on your own to try to learn the business. Find a company that helps you sell and get it right with your new business. There is nothing difficult in this business, but you need someone to show you the way. It just helps you learn the business much faster and with fewer mistakes.
Sells the dip mixes at 3 for $ 10.00. Your profit is approximately 60%. In other words, you will make a gross profit of approximately $ 6.00 per sale. No need for any sales skills. The product is sold only when the customer tests the product.
There are many advantages to a dip mix business:
– You can work your own hours, part-time or full-time. Make the samples days before your event. Completely flexible hours.
– This is a fun business. All the events you sell at are fun events. You have a good time, besides, you also earn money. What could be better?
– No ongoing fees. All you have to do is buy the mixes in bulk from a dip mix company and put your label on the package. That is your only requirement. Much cheaper than a franchise.
– Startup costs are less than $ 400.00 for a variety of mixed flavors.
– It is a product of great mass appeal. Everyone likes at least some salsa flavors. Additionally, weight-conscious people can make a “light” version of the sauces using light or fat-free versions of the ingredients.
– There is no need to worry that the product will spoil if it does not sell quickly. All flavors sell, some just sell faster than others. There is no need to worry about having to throw some away.
– Dip mixes weigh very little and take up little space in your vehicle. You can store thousands of dollars worth of products in a large plastic tub. It’s also easy to get in and out of a building for quick cab installation.
– Dip mixes are prepackaged foods. That means in most, if not all states, you don’t have to collect sales tax, track taxes, or pay sales tax.
– You can easily add other staff members to expand your business to other locations. You can have multiple booths in different locations simply by staffing the booths and preparing more samples. Training your staff is a no-brainer because product sampling does the sale for you. Your staff simply take the money and make the change.
– The best thing is the earnings. About 60%, even more for the dessert mixes (which will sell for 3 for $ 12.00).
It is a simple and profitable business with products that are sold throughout the year. People need to eat, even during a recession, and the public loves sauce mixes. For such a small investment, it is difficult to find a better deal to start a small business from home.
Want to get into the chip dipping business? Take a look at the e-book I wrote called “START YOUR OWN CHIP DIP BUSINESS”. It’s 99 pages of nothing but specific information on how to start and operate your own dip mixing business.
Call 513-752-2646 for more information.